Sanders & Warren has been offering care manager services in Chicago's Western suburbs for over 25 years. Their sole purpose is to focus strictly on care management. They are experts at coordinating care with all senior care service providers, agencies, physicians and hospitals.
They are independent care managers, meaning we do not offer caregiver services themselves, but can seamlessly set up interviews with caregivers and act as an advocate for the family to insure the best choice possible.
That's a great benefit for the senior and their family because:
- They continually monitor the performance of area caregiver services, so they can provide unbiased recommendations from a wide variety of reputable, caring, community resources.
- When outside agencies are stretched to their capacity. There is a tendency to assign the first available caregiver, regardless of the needs of the senior. Sanders & Warren instructs agencies to send only the caregiver who is best matched for the situation.
- Sanders & Warren has great relationships with multiple agencies and regularly "goes to bat" for the senior and their family" to get the best help.
- Each client has a personal care manager dedicated to them.
- To avoid a conflict of interest at Sanders & Warren, we do not accept any compensation or referral fee from other organizations.
Families no longer have to spend an inordinate amount of time and stress to research the service options available to them. A simple phone call is all it takes to help support your loved one in the best way possible. (630) 858-6466
MEET OUR STAFF
The sensitive and sensible professionals at Sanders & Warren have over six decades of combined experience in finding creative and cost-effective solutions to the issues of support for the aging. They strive to keep the client happy, healthy, and as independent as possible. They become a valuable resource to families looking for additional support and guidance in dealing with eldercare for a family member.
Luise Warren, MS, LCPC, CMC, NCG has 26 years of experience caring for seniors in a variety of settings including private homes, retirement community, assisted living, partial hospital, and geropsychiatric inpatient unit. She specializes in care management, complex problem solving, grief-loss counseling, and earning the trust of anxious and distrustful individuals. Her extensive experience includes:
- Providing individual counseling and family mediation to facilitate problem-solving and decision-making.
- Acts as Power of Attorney for healthcare and finance for individuals in need of a responsible person. Has also been appointed as Guardian.
- Experienced in hiring, training, and supervising caregivers within private homes and assisted living communities.
- Experienced in providing therapy to depressed and anxious seniors as well as to individuals with chronic mental illness.
- Past president of the Association of Senior Service Providers, DuPage, and the Kane County Senior Service Resources (KCSR).
- Member of the National Guardianship Association, Illinois Guardianship Association, the American Society on Aging, National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, Association of Senior Service Providers/DuPage, Kane County Senior Resources.
- Presented workshops and presentations to such prestigious organizations as the Northern Illinois Employee Assistance Professionals (EAPA), Marianjoy Rehabilitation Hospital, the DuPage County Bar Association, Arden Court Assisted Living Facilities and Sunrise Senior Living.
" I love being a care manager. It is the perfect blend of the challenge of solving complex problems with the warmth of providing care and reassurance. I enjoy the feeling of accomplishment when an issue is resolved and the even deeper satisfaction of helping individuals overcome fear, depression or anxiety. It is always my goal for each person to know their self-worth, live to their highest potential, and to feel peace and happiness." – Luise Warren
Joan Jackson, MSW, LCSW, CMC, NCG, C-ASWCM has built an in-depth knowledge of care management through her previous social services experience in such diverse settings as hospitals, nursing homes, and community agencies. Her twenty-plus years of experience includes:
- Developed numerous comprehensive in-home evaluations of clients’ functional, physical, cognitive, social, emotional and financial needs and strengths.
- Provided ongoing monitoring of healthcare needs and supervision and coordination of care services for clients. Has acted as Power of Attorney for healthcare and financial matters. Also been appointed Guardian.
- She also provided education and counseling to substance abusers, contributing to her success with care management of clients with alcoholism or dependency on prescription medications.
- Trained as a hospice volunteer and volunteered on a crisis line.
- Adjunct professor in gerontology at the College of DuPage and a member of the Advisory Board for the health care program.
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers and National Guardianship Association, National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers, and Illinois Guardianship Association.
"'Fun' is not what you normally hear when discussing someone who is aging. Yet fun is very important to their quality of life. A trip to the opera, a college reunion, or keeping a beloved pet is so important. I enjoy helping my clients to occasionally experience a little fun and to see their smiles and the twinkle in their eye." – Joan Jackson
Sarah Baldwin, MSW, LCSW, CMC, NCG has 30 years of experience working with the elderly and their families. She knows the system well, having worked at home health agencies, hospitals and senior centers. This also gives her solid knowledge of local, state and federal programs servicing our clients. Her extensive experience includes:
- Created comprehensive assessments of clients’ strengths and needs to develop care plans; screened, arranged, and monitored in-home caregivers; served as advocate for clients with physicians, insurance, hospitals, nursing homes and retirement communitites; and coordinate new living arrangements.
- Provided individual and family couseling.
- Medical social worker for two hospital systems, assessing patients in their homes following hospital, rehab or nursing home discharge. Linked patients with hospice, community resources and home health agencies.
- Managed social work department in a home health agency.
- Developed case management program and supervised case managers in three senior centers.
- Coordinated services with staff in agencies servicing the frail elderly, chronically ill and disabled.
"My professional career has focused upon working with the elderly and their families. I have learned so much from all my clients and their families. I have been blessed to love my work and feel I do make a difference."
– Sarah Baldwin
Susan Wolski, MSW has over 8 years of extensive experience working with seniors in various care management capacities. She is adept at quickly building lasting rapport with clients and collaborating effectively with multidisciplinary care professionals and community resources. Prior to joining Sander & Warren she was a case manager for a large senior center in Cook county and a care manager for a large private duty home care agency. She has also:
- Performed determination of needs assessments for clients going to rehab at skilled care units of Loyola, Hines and Madden Hospitals.
- Delivered home care service to residents with complex medical conditions, building on her previous positions as a Certified Nursing Assistant and an Occupational Therapy Assistant at a major area hospital.
- Case manager of medically complicated clients for West Suburban Senior Services CCP clients, and assisted with elder abuse cases.
- Care manager for private duty home care services, working directly with clients, family, and caregivers to provide a comprehensive care plan to meet each client’s particular needs. Specialized in working with Alzheimer's Disease, and hospice and special needs clients.
- Managed 80+ caregivers, CNAs, LPNs, and RNs in continual care hospice for an area caregiver company.
- Certified Dementia Care Manager by the Alzheimer’s Association of Chicago.
- Member of the National Association of Social Workers, ASSP/DuPage (Association of Senior Service Providers/DuPage), and the president of the Senior Resource Alliance of DuPage.
"What you need in this business is patience and a good sense of humor. It is very demanding AND very rewarding work. My clients are very appreciative and that makes it all worthwhile." – Susan Wolski